Upon tapping the play button for a video in Safari or the Images app, iOS routinely hundreds the video in its native media participant interface. This media participant doesn’t apply to all apps, resembling these with proprietary options just like the official YouTube app, however it applies nearly in every single place else.
Jailbreakers who’ve an curiosity in customizing iOS’ default media participant are more likely to present an curiosity in a brand new and free jailbreak tweak dubbed CustoMedia by iOS developer gamehacker080, because it permits the top consumer to not solely colorize the native media participant, but additionally to regulate its conduct in a number of other ways.
The screenshot instance under serves to display how CustoMedia can be utilized to colorize iOS’ native media participant:
You’ll discover that the HUD, in addition to the person buttons and sliders have been modified to a yellow/orange coloration scheme. The colours you select are clearly as much as you. Colour settings, in addition to conduct settings will be adjusted through the devoted choice pane that will get added to the Settings app post-installation:
Right here, you possibly can:
- Toggle and select a customized media participant HUD background coloration
- Toggle and select a customized media participant buttons coloration
- Toggle and select a customized media participant slider coloration
- Toggle media participant blur results on or off on a per-app foundation
- Toggle compelled AirPlay for unsupported apps
- Toggle compelled show of subtitles, Image in Image, skip, and so forth. for particular apps
- Drive all browsers to make use of iOS’ default media participant
- Toggle computerized full-screen for movies in browsers on a per-app foundation
- Toggle and select a customized media participant background coloration
- Toggle AirPlay on a per-app foundation
- Toggle and configure media participant tolerance buttons on a per-app foundation
- Toggle compelled Image in Image help for unsupported apps
- Toggle auto-exiting the media participant after ending a video on a per-app foundation
- Apply macOS-esque options to your iOS media participant (select between one in all two kinds)
- Toggle auto-hide or auto-show Standing Bar when the media participant is displaying on a per-app foundation
- Toggle computerized mute for the media participant on a per-app foundation
- Toggle AVLock for the media participant
- And way more…
CustoMedia is way more than only a colorization tweak for iOS’ default media participant; it additionally supplies a lot of methods to vary its default conduct to raised fit your wants. This has its makes use of when you’re a power consumer of iOS’ default media participant, and permits the top consumer to make it extra snug to make use of for their very own area of interest(s).
Those that’d prefer to strive CustoMedia out for themselves can obtain the tweak without spending a dime from the BigBoss repository through their favourite package deal supervisor. CustoMedia helps jailbroken iOS 13 and 14 gadgets.
How will you customise your pwned handset’s media participant with the brand new CustoMedia tweak? We’d love to listen to from you within the feedback part down under.