A Kickstarter marketing campaign pushes a brand new iPhone digicam grip and MagSafe case combo known as the Fjorden. It guarantees to show your iPhone right into a DSLR digicam — whereas nonetheless becoming in your pocket. Its bodily digicam controls may make lots of photographers very blissful.
An Oslo, Norway-based digicam startup known as Fjorden makes the gear, which is designed to deliver the texture of a devoted digicam to your smartphone. It has a shutter button and dials you may customise, identical to on a correct digicam. You may learn extra concerning the bodily options and the app that comes with the Fjorden beneath.
The Fjorden system is suitable with all fashions within the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 collection. The corporate’s plan is for it to suit upcoming fashions, as effectively.
The Fjorden Grip and case: slim kind issue
A part of the challenge’s purpose was to take care of a slim kind issue so the cellphone can nonetheless slot in a pocket. The Fjorden grip is 10.7mm deep (21mm together with the optionally available MagSafe case). Perhaps not everybody will need it of their pocket, however somebody who at all times wished their iPhone to be extra of a correct digicam in all probability will.
Earlier makes an attempt so as to add bodily digicam controls to smartphones embody Shiftcam ProGrip and the Pictar Good Grip.
Along with a slimmer profile, two options the Fjorden has over many comparable merchandise are a MagSafe-compatible case and a quick-release clip so you may simply take away the grip once you don’t want it.
Bodily digicam options
The Fjorden presents a number of bodily digicam controls that mimic a real DSLR digicam:
- A two-stage shutter button enables you to press midway to focus and all the way in which to take the picture.
- The management dial might be custom-made to you modify settings, comparable to publicity and shutter pace, without having to the touch the display screen.
- A multi-function button can also be customizable. You need to use it to set off capabilities like a flash, choose an image mode or one thing else you need it to do.
- A zoom lever enables you to swap iPhone lenses to zoom in or out.
Fjorden Digicam App options
Fjorden presents an app it says works with Apple’s images instruments. The corporate stated the Fjorden will probably be suitable with different apps, like Obscura and ProCamera, by the point it launches in February 2022.
Fjorden lists its app’s options as they seem beneath. It stated Kickstarter backers will obtain precedence beta check entry (by way of TestFlight).
- Compatibility with all iPhones working iOS 14 or newer
- Publicity Controls: EV, Shutter Velocity, ISO; Publicity/Focus Lock
- Focusing Modes: AI Object Monitoring, AF-Single, Handbook with Focus Peaking
- White Steadiness: Auto, Presets, or Handbook (Kelvin)
- Lens Switching and Digital Zoom
- Basic Movie Simulations
- File Codecs: RAW, ProRAW (relying on iPhone mannequin), JPG, HEIC
- Different: Grids, Timers, Flash Modes
The Fjorden will ship with a built-in kickstand and compatibility with Second’s M-Sequence lenses, which might be snapped onto the Fjorden’s optionally available MagSafe case. Sadly, there’s a little bit of of a wait. Transport is scheduled for February 2022.
Worth: $129 early-bird pledge for Fjorden Grip and again plate adapter; $149 for Grip and MagSafe case
The place to purchase: Kickstarter