The discharge candidate for iOS 14.7 was seeded to builders on Tuesday. It consists of some promised enhancements to the Apple Card, and it allows customers to make use of a just-announced MagSafe Battery Pack. As well as, it permits customers to handle timers on a HomePod.
Plus, the iPadOS 14.7 launch candidate was additionally made out there for builders.
“Launch Candidate” is Apple’s new identify for what was once known as a “Golden Grasp.” It’s the ultimate beta model despatched out early for testing, earlier than most people get entry. It’s an indication that iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 are more likely to be out there in per week or much less.
However these small updates shouldn’t be confused with iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, very vital upgrades scheduled for launched this autumn.
What’s new for iPhone and iPad in iOS 14.7
iOS 14.7 will add new options for Apple Card Household, which permits a household to share the bank card. When out there to most people, two cardholders will be capable to mix their credit score limits and share one co-owned account.
And iOS 14.7 is required to make use of Apple’s new MagSafe Battery Pack. This solely applies to the iPhone 12 collection, in fact, maps these are the one MagSafe-compatible handsets.
And the brand new model will let customers handle timers on a HomePod good speaker.
Not for everybody
Presently, the iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 launch candidates are just for builders. But when Apple follows its earlier habits, public beta variations will likely be alongside. In the intervening time, having access to these pre-release editions requires becoming a member of the Apple Developer Program, which prices $99 a yr.
iOS 14.7 launch notes
Whereas iOS 14.7 remains to be solely a launch candidate, it’s launch notes are already out there.
iOS 14.7 consists of the next enhancements and bug fixes to your iPhone:
- MagSafe Battery Pack assist for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Professional and iPhone 12 Professional Max
- Apple Card Household provides the choice to mix credit score limits and share one co-owned account with an present Apple Card consumer
- Dwelling app provides the flexibility to handle timers on HomePod
- Air high quality info is now out there in Climate and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
- Podcasts library lets you select to see all reveals or solely adopted reveals
- Share playlist menu choice lacking in Apple Music
- Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback might unexpectedly cease
- Battery service message that will have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 fashions is restored
- Braille shows may present invalid info whereas composing Mail messages