Apple launched the primary public beta of macOS 12 Monterey final week, which implies that anybody can now check out the most recent macOS. The newest macOS 12 Monterey comes with a number of new options and enhancements. When you’ve been eager to check out the brand new software program, then now you can set up the macOS 12 public beta.
On this article, you’ll discover ways to obtain the macOS 12 Monterey public beta and set up it in your Mac.
Additionally see: macOS Monterey wallpaper variations in gentle and darkish mode
Will my Mac assist macOS 12?
In case your Mac is listed beneath, then you possibly can set up the macOS 12 public beta and check out the brand new options.
- Mac mini 2014 or later
- MacBook 2015 or later
- MacBook Professional 2015 or later
- MacBook Air 2015 or later
- iMac 2015 or later
- iMac Professional 2017 or later (all fashions)
- Mac Professional 2013 or later
The best way to get macOS 12 public beta in your Mac
Earlier than putting in the macOS 12 public beta in your supported Mac, we’d extremely advocate that you simply make a backup utilizing Time Machine. If one thing goes fallacious with the set up, then your information and settings can be secure. Public betas are a lot safer to put in in comparison with a developer beta, so that you hopefully gained’t come throughout any main points.
To put in macOS 12 public beta in your Mac, you’ll first must obtain and set up the beta profile. Right here’s how to do this.
1) Launch Safari in your Mac and head over to beta.apple.com.
2) Register utilizing your Apple ID and password.
3) After you check in, scroll all the way down to Get Began and click on on enroll your Mac.
4) Within the subsequent web page, click on on Obtain the macOS Public Beta Entry Utility.
5) Open the downloaded bundle known as macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.dmg after which click on on macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.pkg to run the installer.
6) Comply with the directions, comply with Apple’s software program license settlement, enter your password or use TouchID, and click on Set up Software program.
The installer will advocate to take a Time Machine backup earlier than you begin.
Set up macOS 12 public beta on Mac
Now, you will get to putting in the macOS 12 public beta by way of Software program Replace. After putting in the beta profile, the Apple Software program Replace window ought to seem routinely. If it doesn’t, click on on the Apple brand within the Menu Bar, choose About this Mac > Software program Replace. The macOS 12 Monterey public beta needs to be obtainable for improve, and right here’s the right way to set up it.
1) Click on on the Improve button to start out the method.
2) Choose Proceed within the window that seems, and comply with the license settlement.
3) Select the drive or partition (set up the OS on a partition), and click on Proceed.
4) Enter your Mac password or use TouchID, and eventually click on on Restart.
Your Mac will now restart and set up the macOS 12 public beta on the chosen arduous drive or partition. Look forward to the Mac to reboot after which enter your Apple password to check out the all new macOS 12 Monterey.
Earlier than you begin downloading the macOS 12 Monterey public beta and putting in it in your Macs, we’d wish to inform you that that is nonetheless beta software program. Sure, it needs to be higher than putting in the macOS 12 developer beta, however there nonetheless may be some bugs. Apple will launch the ultimate macOS 12 Monterey software program later this fall, and that’s when most of you must get it. Nevertheless, in case you’re itching to strive the brand new software program, then this information will certainly aid you out.
Additionally see: The best way to set up iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 Public beta in your iPhone or iPad