The App Switcher is, at the very least in my view, one of the vital underwhelming interfaces on the iPhone. The complete-screen card switcher interface makes such poor use of the expansive display actual property that it’s no shock we see so many jailbreak tweaks making an attempt to repair this.
The newest of such tweaks is one known as Vaon by iOS developer atar13, which not solely converts the App Switcher from a card-based interface to a grid-based one, but additionally provides an iOS 14-style battery widget to the underside.
With Vaon, you’ll be able to view the battery percentages of your iPhone and any of its related units at a look each time you employ the App Switcher:
Identical to the native iOS 14 Residence Display widget, this one exhibits the battery percentages of your iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods, together with different pertaining equipment such because the AirPods charging case.
Though the App Switcher takes on extra of a grid-based aesthetic with Vaon, the mechanic of swiping up on app previews stays.
As soon as put in, Vaon provides a devoted desire pane to the Settings app the place customers can configure the tweak to their liking:
Choices offered right here embrace:
- Toggling Vaon on or off on demand
- Selecting between a Inventory or Grid-based App Switcher
- Enabling or disabling the battery module
- Configuring the battery module
- Hiding the background
- Hiding the App Switcher titles
- Hiding the App Switcher icons
- Hiding the urged apps and handoff banner
- Enabling or disabling fly in/out animations
- Enabling or disabling the fade-in delay
- Adjusting the fade-in delay by way of a slider
- Enabling and adjusting customized peak sizing by way of a slider
- Enabling and adjusting customized width sizing by way of a slider
- Enabling and adjusting customized vertical offset by way of a slider
- Enabling and adjusting customized app sizes by way of a slider
- Enabling and adjusting customized app spacing by way of a slider
- Respringing your machine to save lots of any adjustments you’ve made
Digging deeper into the battery module configuration desire pane, it will appear that the next choices can be found to finish customers:
- Disguise iPhone battery
- Disguise the % image
- Allow daring share textual content
- Make the battery indicator corners rounder
- Pulsate the define of charging units
- Show or conceal related units
- Enabling and adjusting customized machine glyph sizes by way of a slider
- Enabling and adjusting customized battery cell sizes by way of a slider
- Enabling and adjusting customized share font sizes by way of a slider
I’m a reasonably large fan of Vaon and what it does for the iPhone’s in any other case primary App Switcher, so I’m excited in regards to the tweak being free. These concerned with giving the tweak a strive can obtain it free of charge from atar13’s repository by way of their favourite package deal supervisor.
In case you aren’t already utilizing atar13’s repository, then you’ll be able to add it to your package deal supervisor of selection by way of the next URL:
Vaon helps jailbroken iOS 14 units and is open supply on the developer’s GitHub web page for these concerned with studying extra about what makes it tick.
What are your ideas about what Vaon brings to the desk for the App Switcher on pwned units? Tell us within the feedback part down under.