Earlier this week, Apple seeded the primary public betas of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8, and tvOS 15 to the general public beta testers on the market within the wild. Sadly, macOS 12 Monterey didn’t make the preliminary lower. However now Apple’s right here to repair that situation.
For people who’re able to check out macOS 12 forward of its public launch later this 12 months, the primary public beta is now accessible to obtain and set up. You’ll should be correctly registered as a part of the general public beta program to get the brand new software program. In case you aren’t already registered, you are able to do so right here.
In case you are registered and have your system(s) able to go, you possibly can obtain the pre-release software program as an over-the-air (OTA) replace through the Software program Replace instrument in System Preferences.
That is the half the place we inform you that the primary beta of any prerelease software program might be fairly tough. Even the general public beta. As such, you in all probability don’t need to set up this on a day by day driver. The prerelease software program might be not fairly prepared for day by day use on a chunk of equipment that’s your one-and-only factor to get stuff carried out on.
That being stated, if you’ll strive it out, right here’s what’s new, not less than in short, in macOS 12:
What’s new in macOS Monterey
The brand new options, briefly
- The brand new software program helps up to date FaceTime with SharePlay
- Shortcuts make the leap to Mac
- Common Management makes it potential to make use of a single mouse and/or keyboard with a number of units without delay
- AirPlay to Mac is lastly a factor
- Safari now helps a significant redesign (once more), and affords Tab Teams and a brand new tab toolbar for simpler entry
- Extensions are improved in macOS Monterey
The brand new public beta is out there now.